African Council For Accreditation and Accountability
1. Who is AfCAA?
African Council for Accreditation & Accountability is a Christian Non-Profit registered in Kenya as a company limited by guarantee. AfCAA was born out of a deep conviction that Christians in Africa must live out their faith and maturity through distinctive and accountable behaviors in ministry and personal lives.
2. What does AfCAA do?
AfCAA exists to bring about public trust in churches, Christian Non-profits and Christian-owned businesses through Awareness raising, Advocacy and Accreditation in compliance with a set of Biblical Standards.
▪ Awareness- Creating awareness among Christian organizations about the need for compliance to the Biblical standards that apply to the mobilization and stewardship of resources and providing training and periodic guidance on the application of these standards.
▪ Accreditation- AfCAA has a seal of approval, which will be the sign that an organization has complied with the requirements of the AfCAA Standards and annual retention of the seal will be a sign that the organization is continuing to meet these requirements.
▪ Advocacy: Advocacy will be on two fronts:
- i) Engaging lawmakers and government on resource mobilization and resource management issues pertaining to Christian non-profits and churches.
- ii) Promoting Biblical values in the marketplace – providing Christians and church leaders with information from relevant research and tools to challenge and expose unbiblical business and economic principles where they live and work, by showing their detrimental impact on society
3. Who are AfCAA members?
AfCAA members are those organizations that have successfully undergone the accreditation process and have been granted the AfCAA certification by the AfCAA Board.
4. How can my organization/ ministry/ church become an AfCAA member? By filling and submitting the application form downloadable from our website and paying the respective application fee. The assessment team then carries out an assessment after which, if satisfied, they will recommend accreditation.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
5. Who is eligible for AfCAA accreditation/ membership? For an organization to qualify for AfCAA accreditation, it must be Christian- based in its nature, mission/ mandate or ownership. E.g Church, Christian Ministry, Christian non-profit or Christian-owned business or institution. Ultimately, accreditation is granted based on successful demonstration of compliance to and expressions of the 7 Biblical Standards in the organization’s operations, policies.
6. Why is AfCAA accreditation important/ necessary?
AfCAA’s standards and seal of accreditation are recognised globally as a stamp of confidence in sound accountability and stewardship practices in your organization/ ministry. Accredited organizations/ ministries become a testimony to a watching world that the body of believers do indeed model accountability and stewardship in ministry. The accreditation process is a value- adding exercise that helps in institutional strengthening. It also opens organizations to peer accountability and exposes them to social investors.
Members enjoy a wide range of benefits from AfCAA that are helpful in ensuring consistency in application and practice of the Biblical Standards, as well as continuous organizational strengthening and discipleship in accountability and stewardship. (Full list of benefits attached).
7. How does AfCAA assess each organization/ ministry/ church to determine compliance with biblical standards?
AfCAA has a pool of assessors who are professionals in the various areas of our 7 Biblical Standards, which they use to evaluate an organization’s operations, policies and processes/ systems. These professionals are themselves Christians who subscribe to AfCAA’s 7 standards.
8. Can my ministry/ church/ organization outside Kenya get AfCAA Accreditation?
Yes. AfCAA’s geographical reach covers the African continent.
9. What if our income is below the set threshold for my organization’s relevant category?
Your organization will be allowed to participate in and take advantage of AfCAA’s capacity-building platforms like seminars and webinars until such a time you are ready for accreditation.
10. Can individual Christian get AfCAA accreditation?
AfCAA’s accreditation is focused on organizational systems and policies. Thus, it does not accredit individuals but may accredit a business or organization owned/run by a Christian individual who subscribes to the 7 Biblical Standards. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
11. How long does the accreditation process typically take?
The duration of the process is mostly dependent on an organization’s readiness and turn-around times in providing the required documentation to AfCAA for assessment. The better prepared or faster in submitting documents the faster the process.
12. Once my organization/ministry becomes a member, must we renew our membership?
All member organizations are required to renew their membership every year. Our team of assessors conduct a desk review to ascertain consistency in compliance with the Biblical Standards before, accreditation is renewed for a further one year.
13. What information does AfCAA make public about our organization?
AfCAA ensures that all appropriate confidentiality obligations and technical and organizational security measures are in place to prevent any unauthorised or unlawful disclosure or processing of such information and data and the accidental loss or destruction of or damage to such information and data. AfCAA may disclose confidential information, including information subject to privilege, to national and international regulatory bodies, a court in criminal, civil or other litigation, or to other third parties as may be required by law, statute, rule or regulation, as long as it is determined by us to be applicable to AfCAA.
AfCAA posts a brief profile of every member in the member directory section of our website www.afcaa.org .
14. How can I contact AfCAA?
You can get in touch with us via our:
▪ email email@example.com
▪ Cellphone (Call/ WhatsApp): +254797 663 787 ( 8:00 am- 5pm, Monday- Friday, GMT+3).
▪ Website: www.afcaa.org
▪ Facebook: African Council for Accreditation and Accountability- AfCAA (https://www.facebook.com/AfCAAorg/)
▪ Twitter: @AfCAAOrg LinkedIn: African Council for Accreditation & Accountability LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/african-council-for-accreditation-accountability/